Date(s) - 06/22/2017
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Hatchery at AARP
Topic: Building Life Changing Voice First Experiences
The Voice First interface has arrived and is here to stay. With the adoption rate of the Far Field Voice Devices (e.g., Amazon’s Alexa products and Google Home) in 2017 at the same pace as the adoption rate of the iPhone in 2007, we are clearly witnessing a major digital disruption. A massive ecosystem is emerging, as a result. The big question now is: given that up to this point, the User Interface that has driven all of the major digital disruptions so far — The Web, The Mobile, the Smartphone, and Social Media — have been visually-centric, the shift to the non-invisible, voice by necessity will render inoperative many business models. What are the business models that will enable entrepreneurs to convert their sweat and their passion for building value to a return on their entrepreneurial investment?
• 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Beer, snacks, chit-chatting and networking
• 7:00 pm – 7:10 pm – Introductions, Sponsors, Announcements
• 7:10 pm – 7:30 pm – An Introduction to Building for Value and Usability — Ahmed Bouzid, Co-Founder & CEO, Witlingo
• 7:30 pm – 7:40 pm – Break
• 7:40 pm – 8:00 pm – Paul Burden: Far Field Voice for Seniors: Opportunities and Challenges
• 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Roundtable Discussion:
• Bret Kinsella – Voicebot.ai
• Luciana Morais: Witlingo
• Sheena Jaffer: The DC Assistive Technology Resource Center
IMPORTANT: Please RSVP at least 48 Hours before the event so that AARP has an official list of attendees. You will not be able to pass through security without being on the guest list. Call 202-615-6128 if you have any issues.