Voice assistants and chatbots have ushered in a new UI and interaction model for consumers. Conversational interactions are very different from the structured interfaces we built previously for web and mobile. The analytics and type of data make this clear according to Arte Merritt, CEO of Dashbot.io. Dashbot has analyzed over 22 billion conversational messages from thousands of chatbots and voice apps so the observations are rooted in data. In addition, Merritt has a long history of analytics, first on the web and then on mobile. His mobile analytics company, Motally, was acquired by Nokia in 2010 when that company was still a mobile juggernaut. In this week’s podcast interview, Arte talks about what he has learned from conversational analytics, how chatbots differ from voice and how all of this is much different than mobile.
Show Notes – Arte Merritt Interview
- Find Arte Merritt and Dashbot on Twitter and the web here: @artemerritt @dashbotio Dashbot Website
- Find out more about the Superbots Conference: Superbots 2018
- Listen to Arte as a guest on Voicebot Podcast Episode 25: CES Recap
- Read my earlier interview with Arte Merritt: January 2017 Dashbot Interview
- Learn about Dashbot Alexa skill analysis: Dashbot Shows 62% of Alexa Skills Have Only One Review
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.