A lot happened in 2017 related in voice assistant news. Voice app growth, rapid consumer adoption, monetization, smart speakers vs voice assistants on smartphones, the YouTube kerfuffle, the Google Home Mini recording fiasco, will.i.am raising over $100 million and much more. When we look back, 2018 will be regarded as the year of the smart speaker and our Voicebot Podcast guests go deep and wide in considering how far voice assistants have come.
The episode also concludes with predictions for 2018, at least one of which you have heard nowhere else. I am joined this week by three industry experts: Adam Marchick CEO of VoiceLabs, Nick Schwab Founder of Invoked Apps, and Ava Mutchler Associate Editor of Voicebot.ai. It’s a great, free-flowing conversation that takes a look back and a look ahead. Not to be missed.
Show Notes – 2017 Year in Review
- Follow Adam Marchick and VoiceLabs on Twitter and the web: @adammStanford, VoiceLabs
- Follow Nick Schwab and Invoked Apps on Twitter and the web: @nickschwab, Invoked Apps
- Follow Ava Mutchler on Twitter and the web: @voicebotai and voicebot.ai
- You can see some news about VoiceLabs here: VoiceLabs news coverage
- You can see some quotes and commentary by Nick Schwab here: Nick Schwab news coverage
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.